Monday, December 20, 2004

Leaving the City

Monday morning, I will leave the big city and visit my folks for the holidays. I'll be gone for about a week. With any luck, I'll check in once or twice and provide some comments to what I've been watching (in a sort of ambitious and/or sad move, the travel bag is packed with DVDs way overdue on the to-see list, like Rebecca, A Chinese Ghost Story, and Meet Me in St. Louis). Most likely scenario is that I'll just be dozing around my parents' house all week, never removing my slippers, constantly sipping on some glühwein and nibbling on various sorts of food.

Christmas time is also one of the few times in the year when I actually do some serious reading, and I have high hopes of finishing David Sedaris' Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim and James Ellroy's latest, Destination: Morgue!, during the week. From one end of the literary spectrum to the other, to say the least.

In any event, have a nice week!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home