Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Later...

"I'm pretty determined to dust off this blog and update it more often, btw." -- me, being foolish, over a month ago

Well, I can always blame the absence on my vacation, during which I tried to stay offline as much as possible (plus, the dial-up I was forced to use made being online almost unbearable). In any case, now I'm back, and I will try to put together some thoughts on stuff seen lately. Among the films I've seen during the last couple of weeks are a handful of classics, and putting together some small sentences about films like Weekend or The Red Shoes really seems redundant, in light of the amount of articles and reviews already written about them. Still, I will try to at least justify my ratings of them - we all love ratings, don't we? I have been toying around with the idea of publishing my screening log here, but at the end of the day, I think what the Internet needs right now is not another boring list with titles, directors, and ratings, without any comments. So unless I have something to say about the films I see, I won't mention them here.

Thanks to Russ for proving that someone actually reads this blog, and - even better! - cares.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Martin Degrell said...

Thanks!

I'll see what I can do - ideally, I'd comment on everything I see, but I just don't have the energy at times, especially when it comes to classics.

And regardless how small a thought I put down about a film, I'd like it to be somewhat clever, well put, etc (but if that translates to the reader is another issue altogether).

But briefly, concerning Tokyo Story, while I don't hate it or anything, I have a really hard time figuring out why people love it. I'd like to read some positive reviews about it before elaborating, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home