Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Instead of Movies

Been so stressed out the last week or so that I've hardly been able to sit down with a good movie at all, not even for clearing my head of trouble and angst. However, the hardest work is now behind me, and I can get back to filling my head with celluloid nonsense. I will return with some thoughts on this and that in a bit, but first: during my prolonged 24/7 sessions in front of the computer, I've been listening a lot to new and exciting music. Lord knows I have some catching up to do. These tracks are all in heavy rotation:

Matthew Herbert - Wake Up (best thing I've heard in months; best thing I've heard from Herbert since Foreign Bodies)
Mr. De - Whonleeone (on-its-toes übercool electro soul)
Amon Tobin - The Lighthouse (from his soundtrack to the new Splinter Cell game)
Akufen - Theo's Theory (lovely tribute to the man Parrish)
Recloose - Dust (such a great comeback)
Foreign Exchange - Be Alright (to keep me above water)
José Feliciano - Golden Lady (from the Wonder of Stevie compilation, one of my fav Stevie songs)
Jazztronik - Samurai (Osaka-based, epic broken funk)

I know you're feeling it.

1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Eric Henderson said...

José Feliciano - Golden Lady (from the Wonder of Stevie compilation, one of my fav Stevie songs)Absolutely. I haven't heard that album, but I'm sure it's better than the Blue Note compilation I bought a few months ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home